From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Distributed System Annex and cross-domain applications
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:40:23 +0200
Date: 2011-04-19T20:40:23+02:00	[thread overview]

To what extent is GNAT's implementation of the Distributed System
Annex suitable for cross-domain applications?

I'm not talking about military-grade security requirements, I'm just
wondering if it would be advisable to use it to, say, store both HR
data and data from customer-controlled machines to the same backup
server (assuming that the server side of the backup application
manages to keep the data separate 8-).

As one data point, I wouldn't trust Java RMI to match my security
requirements because it tends to involve mobile code.  (It is also
difficult to pass through firewalls, I think.)