From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: texttools and standard library packages
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 02:11:37 +0100
Date: 2013-12-16T02:11:37+01:00	[thread overview]

agent@drrob1.com writes on comp.lang.ada:
> I attempted to follow the instructions regarding an externally-built
> library project.  But I got hung up in not having any source for a
> library project, and even if I could get this to compile, I do not
> know how to use a library I built myself.  So I abandoned the project
> approach.
>
> But I was able to get the basic.adb example to run.  Oddly, it
> complained that it needed libtinfo.so.5 and it actually told me where
> it was.  To bad it could not then pull it in automatically since it
> knew where it was.  But this line worked:
>
> gnatmake -g -O2 basic.adb -largs system.o curses.o /lib/libtinfo.so.5
> -lm -lncurses
>
> I dumped everything into 1 directory so this worked.  Now I'll play a
> little more

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve: write a program
that uses TextTools, or work on TextTools themselves.  Because you could
avoid the compiling and linking problems entirely by using the prebuilt
TextTools from Debian (also available in most derivatives):

aptitude install libtexttools3-dev

and read /usr/share/ada/adainclude/texttools.gpr to learn how to use the
library in your programs.

Then you could concentrate on your own programming.

--
Ludovic Brenta.