* Sockets in Apex 3.2.0b
@ 2000-02-09  0:00 reason67
From: reason67 @ 2000-02-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I apologize if this gets posted twice. After about an hour of my post
not showing up, I decided to post again.

I wrote a binding to the Sockets. I am using Apex 3.2.0b Duo on Solaris
2.6.

I have written test code that uses a non-blocking socket for the client.

On the call to connect, I see interesting results:

   1) In the non-threaded model, everything works as expected.
   2) In the threaded model, if I have only one thread (no tasks),
      everything works as expected.
   3) In the threaded model, if I attempt to do the connect in a task,
      funny things happen (errno is not set, it determines if a server
      is not started immediately instead of returning that in the
      select)

Is there anyone out there familiar enough with the Apex Threaded
Run-time system enough to explain to me what causes this?
---
Jeffrey Blatt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Sockets in Apex 3.2.0b
@ 2000-02-10  0:00 ` Richard Toy
From: Richard Toy @ 2000-02-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reason67

You must compile the C code with -D_REENTRANT

eg gcc -c -D_REENTRANT <filename>

this will result in a per thread version of ERRNO.

See Answerbook for more details.

Richard Toy                 tel:+31-(0)43-3661.112
Eurocontrol Maastricht UAC  fax:+31-(0)43-3661.300
Horsterweg 11
NL-6191 RX  Beek(l)
e-mail(company):richard.toy@eurocontrol.be
e-mail(private):richard_d_toy@hotmail.com