* newbie question: GNAT and garbage collection
@ 2001-04-17  3:45 Michael Vanier
From: Michael Vanier @ 2001-04-17  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm new to Ada.  I've been looking at the GNAT compiler and I have a simple
question: does the Ada language as implemented by GNAT support any kind of
automatic garbage collection for dynamically-allocated objects?  If not, do
any Ada compilers?

TIA,

Mike

Mike Vanier	mvanier@bbb.caltech.edu
Department of Computation and Neural Systems, Caltech 216-76
GNU/Linux: We can't lose; we're on a mission from God.

* Re: newbie question: GNAT and garbage collection
@ 2001-04-17 11:39 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2001-04-17 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Vanier <mvanier@endor.bbb.caltech.edu> writes:

> does the Ada language as implemented by GNAT support any kind of
> automatic garbage collection for dynamically-allocated objects?

No, it doesn't.

> If not, do any Ada compilers?

Ada compilers such as JGNAT which are targeted at the JVM support
garbage collection.