From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <jacob@jacob-sparre.dk>
Subject: Re: Ada Video Course
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:42:57 +0100
Date: 2015-03-06T16:42:57+01:00	[thread overview]

David Botton <david@botton.com> writes:

> That goes back to an early post I made, does any one have a complete
> course in Video of programming in Ada we could post up?

There is <http://university.adacore.com/>, but it doesn't work with my
browser, so I can't tell you how good/complete it is.

> If not perhaps a few of us could team up and do different sections?
> Any takers?

I think it is interesting to consider.

But I'm not certain of the value of video recorded lectures.  There is
no more interaction between the lecturer and the students than in a
book, and it is my impression that it takes at least as much work as
writing a decent text for the same content.

What would the benefits be?  How would we give the students the
interaction needed to make it any different from just telling them to
read a good book and solve the exercises in it?

Doing it as a distributed project would also pose challenges of its own.
I'm not certain we all agree how such a course should be structured.

But if we can find a way, then I'm certainly willing to supply a few
lectures.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"I remember being impressed with Ada because you could write
 an infinite loop without a faked up condition. The idea