From: Paul Rubin <no.email@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: YAMI4 1.10.2 released
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 17:12:21 -0800
Date: 2016-12-08T17:12:21-08:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com> writes:
> I am pleased to announce that YAMI4 1.10.2, which is a minor update,
> was just released:   http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/

Interesting.  First thing I wondered was whether it was written in Ada,
but it seems to be mostly C++ with bindings for Ada and other lanuages.

I notice there's a GPL version and a Boost-licensed version:

  "Professional package: Boost Software License, with intended use in
  both closed-source (which is a frequent choice in commercial projects)
  and open-source developments where dedicated technical support is
  required."

Does that mean it's ok to get the Boost version and release it as part
of an open source application?  If yes, why not just put both versions
on your web site (without tech support of course)?  Are they
substantially different?

If you're saying the non-GPL version is actually closed/proprietary,
that's fine, but it would be clearer if you called it that.