* C++ calling Ada code?
@ 1999-11-08  0:00 Caroline
From: Caroline @ 1999-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We will be working on a project where we will use C++ code (written by
us) to talk to and use Ada code (not written by us).  Are there
resources available that you know of on how to get C++ to call Ada
routines?  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks
Caroline

--
Caroline Swindell

Remove "NOSPAM." to reply.

* Re: C++ calling Ada code?
@ 1999-11-08  0:00   ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1999-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <87puxlytto.fsf@antinea.enst.fr> , Samuel Tardieu
<sam@ada.eu.org>  wrote:

>>Are there resources available that you know of on how
>>to get C++ to call Ada routines?  Has anyone tried this?
>
> The simplest way of doing this if you just want to call Ada
> subprograms from C++ is probably to export your Ada programs with
> convention C (see the reference manual) and declare those functions in
> C++ with "extern C".

You may need to call "adainit" and "adafinal" too, to ensure that the
all the necessary Ada code gets elaborated.

--
Evolution is "only" a theory?  "Creationism is not *even* a theory,
because its proponents have decided in advance that no amount of

Steve Walsh and Thomas Demere, "Facts, Faith, and Fairness"

* Re: C++ calling Ada code?
@ 1999-11-08  0:00 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1999-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Caroline> We will be working on a project where we will use C++ code
Caroline> (written by us) to talk to and use Ada code (not written by
Caroline> us).  Are there resources available that you know of on how
Caroline> to get C++ to call Ada routines?  Has anyone tried this?

The simplest way of doing this if you just want to call Ada
subprograms from C++ is probably to export your Ada programs with
convention C (see the reference manual) and declare those functions in
C++ with "extern C".

Caroline> Remove "NOSPAM." to reply.

Non valid address in From: field violate RFC 1036.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org