* RFC: Ada policy for Debian
@ 2004-04-03 12:08 Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-04-03 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have written a short document that formalises my "Ada Policy for
Debian"; that is, how I think packages should be laid out.  I have
posted it on:

http://users.skynet.be/ludovic.brenta/ada-policy.html

This is a request for comments.  Please reply to me privately with
your thoughts on this document and I can amend it as necessary.  My
intention is to eventually include it in Debian; either as
documentation with package `gnat', or as a separate package.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: RFC: Ada policy for Debian
@ 2004-04-06 22:06 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-04-06 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta writes:
> I have written a short document that formalises my "Ada Policy for
> Debian"; that is, how I think packages should be laid out.  I have
> posted it on:
>
> http://users.skynet.be/ludovic.brenta/ada-policy.html
>
> This is a request for comments.  Please reply to me privately with
> your thoughts on this document and I can amend it as necessary.  My
> intention is to eventually include it in Debian; either as
> documentation with package `gnat', or as a separate package.

I have just posted Draft 2 on the same URL.  This is still work in
progress (in particular, see my other post about Ada Core
Technologies), but there are lots of changes from Draft 1.

* Removed release notes specific to GNAT 3.15p; they were already part
  of the README.Debian file distributed with package `gnat'.

* I am contemplating making this document into a new Debian package
  called `debian-ada-policy', which will be part of Debian in the
  future and be updated a couple of times a year, independently from
  individual packages.

* General reorganisation.

* Timelines of GNAT "p" and GCC releases.

* Timeline of Ada standards.

* New chapter, "Help wanted".

I welcome comments, constructive criticism, and hard facts.

In addition to the HTML version above, I've also posted the Texinfo
source; please feel free to send patches.

http://users.skynet.be/ludovic.brenta/debian-ada-policy.texi

P.S. Thanks to all who responded already.  I appreciate your input
very much.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: RFC: Ada policy for Debian
@ 2004-04-17 14:21   ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-04-17 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have posted Draft 3 (2004-04-17) with the following changes:

* New: timeline of GNAT Pro releases
* New: current status of GCC 3.5

Some fixes and corrections.

The Debian Policy for Ada is stabilising; I am still awaiting
additional input from Ada Core Technologies before I release the final
version.  In the mean time, comments are still welcome.

As a reminder, I've copied my earlier announcements below.

The URLs are

http://users.skynet.be/ludovic.brenta/debian-ada-policy.html