From: Paul Rubin <no.email@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: what to do, for the mathematically-disabled people (only half-joking)
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 09:43:39 -0800	[thread overview]

Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com> writes:
> What would you advise, for a mathematically impaired person such as
> myself, who gets a headache trying to implement a simple vector fusion
> algorithm ?

I don't quite understand the question: you want to get better at coding
algorithms?  You want to learn more math?  More about algorithms?

In any case, exercise will do you more good than reading.  Do you know
how quicksort works?  If yes, try coding it.  That will get you better
at getting all the details right when you implement something.

Enderton's book that you mention is about mathematical logic, a good
subject, but maybe not what you want.

For math in general, try a math textbook in a topic that interests you.
Logic, algebra, analysis, whatever.  Write out answers to the exercises
as if you were taking a class and doing the homework to hand in.  For
algorithms, I still like Knuth's TAOCP series, though it is considered
old fashioned these days.  It has lots of good exercises.