* Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15  3:51 i3text
From: i3text @ 2012-06-15  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

When searching for Ada libraries, it is discouraging to find mostly dead links or links to dead projects. So I decided to make a list of all the libraries I could find that seem to be still active projects. To be listed, a library must have seen some maintenance activity within the last year. I generally ingored things that are already part of the GNAT distribution.

At first, I wanted to list just libraries of production quality, but I figured I couldn't reliably evaluate that. So, a lot of the things here are alpha quality. Of course, there are libraries that haven't seen any work for several years but still get downloaded a lot. But I wanted a listing of libraries where I could reasonably expect help and bug-fixes.

Do you know any I've missed?

-----------------------------------

Ada 2005 Math Extensions -- Additions to the GNAT libraries.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnat-math-extn/?source=directory

Ada 95 Booch Components -- Container library.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/booch95/?source=directory

ada-ado -- Mapping for object-relational databases.
http://code.google.com/p/ada-ado/

ada-asf -- Ada Server Faces.
http://code.google.com/p/ada-asf/

ada-awa -- Ada Web Application.
http://code.google.com/p/ada-awa/

adabindinggmpmpfr -- Binding to the GNU GMP and MPFR.
http://code.google.com/p/adabindinggmpmpfr/

Ada Class Library -- Scripting tools.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adacl/?source=directory

Ada Cryptographic Objects -- Library of crypto primitives.
http://www.assembla.com/code/acrypto/subversion/nodes

ada-el -- A expression languge like JSP.
http://code.google.com/p/ada-el/

ada-gen -- Dynamo, a aid for web applications.
http://code.google.com/p/ada-gen/

ada-security -- Ada web security framework.
http://code.google.com/p/ada-security/

Ada Spawn Manager -- Control for spawing processes.
http://www.codelabs.ch/spawn-manager/index.html

ada-util -- Ada Utility Library.
http://code.google.com/p/ada-util/

Ahven -- A simple unit testing library for Ada 95.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ahven/?source=directory

aicwl -- Industrial control GUI widgets.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/aicwl.htm

ARM-Ada -- Some libraries for compiling to ARM.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/arm-ada/?source=directory

Basil -- MIME library for Ada 2005.
http://hafdconsulting.com/projects/basil/

components -- Misc objects.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm

Config -- A package for parsing configuration files.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ini-files/?source=directory

Debug -- Trace support for multitasking programs.
http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm

Deepend -- A storage pool with subpool capabilities for Ada 2005.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/deepend/?source=directory

dequesterity -- Deque/buffer generics in Ada 2005.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dequesterity/?source=directory

EWS -- Embedded Web Server.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/embed-web-srvr/?source=directory

Excel_Out -- A package for writing Excel files.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/excel-writer/?source=directory

Florist -- Ada POSIX binding.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnat-florist/?source=directory

fuzzy -- Fuzzy sets for Ada 2005.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/fuzzy.htm

Generic Image Decoder -- Package for image decoding.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gen-img-dec/?source=directory

GLOBE_3D -- Real-time 3D engine based on OpenGL.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/globe3d/?source=directory

GNADE -- GNat Ada 95 Database Environment.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnade/?source=directory

gtkada_contributions -- Extras for GtkAda.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/gtkada_contributions.htm

GWindows -- GUI framework for Windows.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnavi/?source=directory

intervals -- Interval arithmetic library.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/intervals.htm

KOW -- Framework for database management.
http://framework.kow.com.br/

libadanix -- A POSIX binding for GNAT.
http://code.google.com/p/libadanix/

libredave -- Library for using Simatic S5/S7.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/librdave/?source=directory

libsparkcrypto -- A verified cryptographic library in SPARK.
http://senier.net/libsparkcrypto/

match -- Pattern matching library.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/match/match.htm

Mathpaqs -- Various math packages.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mathpaqs/?source=directory

Matreshka -- Text, database, and web framework.
http://forge.ada-ru.org/matreshka

ORBit-Ada -- Binding to the ORBit Corba ORB.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/orbitada/?source=directory

OS_Services -- Access to common operating system features.
http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm

paraffin -- Ada 2005 generics to support parallelism.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/?source=directory

PCSC/Ada -- Bindings to PC/SC middleware.
http://www.codelabs.ch/pcscada/

player-ada -- Bindings for the player robotic platform.
https://github.com/mosteo/player-ada

plplot -- Bindings to the PLplot plotting library.
http://plplot.sourceforge.net/

PNG_IO -- Ada 95 coder/decoder for PNG files.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/png-io/?source=directory

portaudioada -- Binding to PortAudio.
http://code.google.com/p/portaudioada/

Protection -- Protection for semaphores and procedures.
http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm

QtAda -- Bindings to the Qt GUI framework.
http://www.qtada.com/

SOCI-Ada -- Wrapper for the SOCI database library.
http://www.inspirel.com/soci-ada/

Storage_Stream -- Write data of any type at any location.
http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm

strings_edit -- Strings library with UTF-8 and pattern matching.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/strings_edit.htm

tables -- Search in tables with string keys.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/tables.htm

TclAdaShell -- Binding to Tcl/Tk.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcladashell/?source=directory

Templates_Parser -- Library for generating HTML.
http://www.obry.net/

units -- Library for handling units of measurement.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/units.htm

v8a -- Binding to V8 JavaScript engine.
http://code.google.com/p/v8a/

Variable_String -- Support for variable length strings.
http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm

VTKAda -- Ada 2012 bindings to Visualization Toolkit.
http://users1.jabry.com/adastudio/vtkada/vtkada.html

WiSeSLAp -- Very light GUI toolkit.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wiseslap/?source=directory

YAMI4 -- Messaging library for distributed systems.
http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/

Zada -- A Zlib implementation in Ada.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zada/?source=directory

ZanyBlue -- A framework for finite element analysis.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zanyblue/?source=directory

Zip-Ada -- A library for .zip archives.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unzip-ada/?source=directory

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15  5:37 ` Jeffrey Carter
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2012-06-15  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/14/2012 08:51 PM, i3text@gmail.com wrote:
> When searching for Ada libraries, it is discouraging to find mostly dead
> links or links to dead projects. So I decided to make a list of all the
> libraries I could find that seem to be still active projects. To be listed, a
> library must have seen some maintenance activity within the last year. I
> generally ingored things that are already part of the GNAT distribution.
>
> At first, I wanted to list just libraries of production quality, but I
> figured I couldn't reliably evaluate that. So, a lot of the things here are
> alpha quality. Of course, there are libraries that haven't seen any work for
> several years but still get downloaded a lot. But I wanted a listing of
> libraries where I could reasonably expect help and bug-fixes.
>
> Do you know any I've missed?

Your criteria are somewhat strange. A mature library will be useful but see no
"maintenance activity" because there is no longer anything to change. For
example, the PragmAda Reusable Components are very much alive and supported, but
have not been changed recently:

http://pragmada.x10hosting.com/

--
Jeff Carter
"English bed-wetting types."

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15  7:12 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2012-06-15  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:51:31 -0700 (PDT), i3text@gmail.com wrote:

> When searching for Ada libraries, it is discouraging to find mostly dead
> links or links to dead projects.

Not that I propose exactly this software, but maybe as an idea:

http://pad.asp-software.org/

Library maintainers register their PAD file locations and refresh the file
with each release. The server maintaining references periodically scans PAD
files at their locations for updates.

The idea is to relieve the library maintainer from pushing notifications to
all sites referencing the library.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15 11:56   ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-06-15 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks very much for doing this, it must have taken hours-Patrick

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15 13:45 ` Dirk Heinrichs
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Dirk Heinrichs @ 2012-06-15 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

i3text@gmail.com wrote:

> WiSeSLAp -- Very light GUI toolkit.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wiseslap/?source=directory

Hmm, this doesn't seem to be an Ada project. Description says:

"The Widget Set for Super-Light Applications is a minimalist GUI toolkit
written in Pascal."

Or does it have Ada bindings which it doesn't mention?

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
Tel: +49 (0)2471 209385 | Mobil: +49 (0)176 34473913

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15 19:31   ` i3text
From: i3text @ 2012-06-15 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, June 15, 2012 6:45:41 AM UTC-7, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> > WiSeSLAp -- Very light GUI toolkit.
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/wiseslap/?source=directory
>
> Hmm, this doesn't seem to be an Ada project...

You are right. Looking at the source code shows it's entirely in Pascal. They do plan an Ada wrapper, but nothing has been done yet.

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15 20:04   ` i3text
From: i3text @ 2012-06-15 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:37:59 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Carter wrote:
> A mature library will be useful but see no
> "maintenance activity" because there is no longer anything to change.

This is actually the first time I've seen someone take this position, so I've been thinking about when it might be true.

One the one hand, I agree that this list is unsatisfactory as a collection of all libraries that one might want to use. An old but well crafted library could still be valuable, especially if it covers something important and there is no alternative.

However, my "activity" criterion was chosen for two reasons. First, I take it as axiomatic that no software achieves perfection. If it is being used, people will report bugs and rough edges, prompting the developer to tweak things, even if it is just the documentation. Second, a large portion of libraries interact with other things that continue to evolve, so compatibility at one point doesn't imply compatibility forever.

I have not done embedded systems work, but I've heard that it is easier than doing desktop applications since you are developing for a restricted, stable environment. In the field of embedded systems, is it a common attitude that software *can* be developed to a point where it no longer needs any attention? I'm wondering how this might affect how Ada is received by application developers.

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-06-15 20:06 ` gautier_niouzes
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2012-06-15 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Zada -- A Zlib implementation in Ada.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zada/?source=directory

This one is unfortunately still in the status of vaporware.
Actually it is a question of combining the front-end of the ZLib-for-Ada bindings and the Deflate/Inflate compression code in Zip-Ada as for the "brains". But nothing done so far.
As "actively maintained" you can list the ZLib-for-Ada (until one day the ZLib-in-Ada, i.e. Zada, sees the light...):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zlib-ada/?source=directory
Cheers
G.

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15 20:47     ` Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) @ 2012-06-15 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Fri, 15 Jun 2012 22:04:02 +0200, <i3text@gmail.com> a écrit:

> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:37:59 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Carter wrote:
>> A mature library will be useful but see no
>> "maintenance activity" because there is no longer anything to change.
>
> This is actually the first time I've seen someone take this position

He is not the only one. I didn't say anything, but your words left me with
the same feeling.

Quote of the day, too: “newer does not imply better”.

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15 21:41     ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2012-06-15 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

i3text@gmail.com writes:

> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:37:59 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Carter wrote:
>> A mature library will be useful but see no
>> "maintenance activity" because there is no longer anything to change.
>
> This is actually the first time I've seen someone take this position,
> so I've been thinking about when it might be true.

That's kind of a sad commentary on the state of the art, isn't it?
If you're not constantly fixing bugs (and adding new ones?) people
consider your project "dead".

Nonetheless, your list is useful.

> However, my "activity" criterion was chosen for two reasons. First, I
> take it as axiomatic that no software achieves perfection.

Didn't Donald Knuth announce at some point that TeX was "done" or
"bug free" or some such?  And therefore gave it a version number
of "exactly pi"?

Anyway, you're talking about software you might download from the net.
If you buy a Boeing 7N7, you don't download the flight control software
from the net.  ;-)

- Bob

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-15 22:58       ` Nasser M. Abbasi
From: Nasser M. Abbasi @ 2012-06-15 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/15/2012 4:41 PM, Robert A Duff wrote:

> Didn't Donald Knuth announce at some point that TeX was "done" or
> "bug free" or some such?  And therefore gave it a version number
> of "exactly pi"?

True. But even though Tex is still is frozen, Latex is
still being added to all the time. Tex is the core
engine, but layers and layers of Latex is build on
top of it. There was Latex2, now Latex3, and millions
of lines of code in CTAN is being added all the time
as packages on top of Tex.

I do not believe that a software library can ever not go
continuous maintenance.  There is always more testing
to be done, more features to add, make the software
more robust, test against new changes outside of
the control of the library.

Software that does not change, means it is not used
much. Software that is used by many, means there
is always new functionality needed, enhancement requests,
bug fixes, test cases added, etc...

Software for me is a living thing. Stop taking care of
it, stop feeding it, stop growing it, it will die soon.

If it does not die on its own, something better will come
along, with better features, and replace it.

--Nasser

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-16  2:19       ` BrianG
From: BrianG @ 2012-06-16  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/15/2012 05:41 PM, Robert A Duff wrote:
> i3text@gmail.com writes:
>
>> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:37:59 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Carter wrote:
>>> A mature library will be useful but see no
>>> "maintenance activity" because there is no longer anything to change.
>>
>> This is actually the first time I've seen someone take this position,
>> so I've been thinking about when it might be true.
>
> That's kind of a sad commentary on the state of the art, isn't it?
> If you're not constantly fixing bugs (and adding new ones?) people
> consider your project "dead".

Indirectly related quote:
"If there are no bugs in your current software your customer might not
feel inclined to pay for the new version. "
(from, of all places, comp.software-eng  - presented as an actual
position of the poster)

--
---
BrianG

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-16  6:11         ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2012-06-16  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 16/06/2012 00:58, Nasser M. Abbasi a �crit :
> I do not believe that a software library can ever not go
> continuous maintenance.  There is always more testing
> to be done, more features to add, make the software
> more robust, test against new changes outside of
> the control of the library.
Counter-example: my "debug" package.

I didn't change anything for years. It does its job, full stop.

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-06-16  6:35 ` Vadim Godunko
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2012-06-16  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

AXMPP - implementation of XMPP protocol
http://forge.ada-ru.org/axmpp

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-16  6:47           ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2012-06-16  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/15/2012 11:11 PM, J-P. Rosen wrote:
> Counter-example: my "debug" package.
>
> I didn't change anything for years. It does its job, full stop.

Right. I know of projects using the PragmARCs. There are probably others I don't
know of. But there hasn't been an error report or enhancement request for years.

--
Jeff Carter
"Sons of a silly person."

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-06-16 13:24 ` Stephen Leake
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Stephen Leake @ 2012-06-16 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

i3text@gmail.com writes:

> When searching for Ada libraries, it is discouraging to find mostly
> dead links or links to dead projects. So I decided to make a list of
> all the libraries I could find that seem to be still active projects.
> To be listed, a library must have seen some maintenance activity
> within the last year.

That's a little short, but you do need some cutoff.

A related criteria would be postings on a dedicated mailing list, or
here.

> Do you know any I've missed?

mine: http://stephe-leake.org/

But I understand why; I haven't posted a new version of SAL since 2009!
It really is time to update; I use these libraries all the time at work,
and there is new stuff. I get very little feedback from users, so I tend
to forget about the website.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-06-16 14:04 ` RasikaSrinivasan
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2012-06-16 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not for production, but for learning:

Mine:  projectlets.sourceforge.net

@ 2012-06-17 15:33   ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-06-17 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:37:59 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Carter wrote:
> On 06/14/2012 08:51 PM, i3text@gmail.com wrote:
> > When searching for Ada libraries, it is discouraging to find mostly dead
> > links or links to dead projects. So I decided to make a list of all the
> > libraries I could find that seem to be still active projects. To be listed, a
> > library must have seen some maintenance activity within the last year. I
> > generally ingored things that are already part of the GNAT distribution.
> >
> > At first, I wanted to list just libraries of production quality, but I
> > figured I couldn't reliably evaluate that. So, a lot of the things here are
> > alpha quality. Of course, there are libraries that haven't seen any work for
> > several years but still get downloaded a lot. But I wanted a listing of
> > libraries where I could reasonably expect help and bug-fixes.
> >
> > Do you know any I've missed?
>
> Your criteria are somewhat strange. A mature library will be useful but see no
> "maintenance activity" because there is no longer anything to change.

I agree that all usable libraries should be listed.
Can this list be transferred to wikipedia or other well maintained website?
Maybe Library Authors can just add a note on the their website once a year or so to show that is a still a viable library.

I also appreciate the OPs effort.

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-17 19:25     ` Tero Koskinen
From: Tero Koskinen @ 2012-06-17 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 08:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
Marco <prenom_nomus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:37:59 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Carter wrote:
> > On 06/14/2012 08:51 PM, i3text@gmail.com wrote:
> > > When searching for Ada libraries, it is discouraging to find mostly dead
> > > links or links to dead projects. So I decided to make a list of all the
> > > libraries I could find that seem to be still active projects. To be listed, a
> > > library must have seen some maintenance activity within the last year. I
> > > generally ingored things that are already part of the GNAT distribution.
> > >
> > > At first, I wanted to list just libraries of production quality, but I
> > > figured I couldn't reliably evaluate that. So, a lot of the things here are
> > > alpha quality. Of course, there are libraries that haven't seen any work for
> > > several years but still get downloaded a lot. But I wanted a listing of
> > > libraries where I could reasonably expect help and bug-fixes.
> > >
> > > Do you know any I've missed?
> >
> > Your criteria are somewhat strange. A mature library will be useful but see no
> > "maintenance activity" because there is no longer anything to change.
>
> I agree that all usable libraries should be listed.
> Can this list be transferred to wikipedia or other well maintained website?
> Maybe Library Authors can just add a note on the their website once a year or so to show that is a still a viable library.

You can add Ada libraries and applications to AdaCommons wiki, for
example.

The address is http://commons.ada.cx/Main_Page

Also, if you find dead links, you can fix them by yourself, since it is
a wiki. :)

> I also appreciate the OPs effort.

--
Tero Koskinen - http://iki.fi/tero.koskinen/

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-18  0:56       ` Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) @ 2012-06-18  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:25:15 +0200, Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi> a
écrit:
> You can add Ada libraries and applications to AdaCommons wiki, for
> example.
>
> The address is http://commons.ada.cx/Main_Page
>
> Also, if you find dead links, you can fix them by yourself, since it is
> a wiki. :)

I registered and added a page for Canta (wow, the captcha questions are
sometimes weird… “what was Ada, the language, first name?”).

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-18 17:49       ` Manuel Gomez
From: Manuel Gomez @ 2012-06-18 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

El 17/06/12 21:25, Tero Koskinen escribi�:
> You can add Ada libraries and applications to AdaCommons wiki, for
> example.
>
> The address is http://commons.ada.cx/Main_Page
>
> Also, if you find dead links, you can fix them by yourself, since it is
> a wiki. :)

And since it is based on Mediawiki we can use the Pywikipediabot [1] for
finding dead links in the articles. I've used it for checking all the
site and I've pasted the list of pages with dead links in the TODO page
[2]. If anyone knows where has the information been moved, please edit
the corresponding page for fixing it.

I intend to pass the bot periodically on Ada Commons so we can maintain
it clean of dead links.

Regards,
Manuel

[1]
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Pywikipediabot/weblinkchecker.py
[2]
http://commons.ada.cx/TODO

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-19 13:59         ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-06-19 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 18, 2012 10:49:56 AM UTC-7, Manuel Gomez wrote:
> El 17/06/12 21:25, Tero Koskinen escribi�:
> > You can add Ada libraries and applications to AdaCommons wiki, for
> > example.
> >
> > The address is http://commons.ada.cx/Main_Page
> >
> > Also, if you find dead links, you can fix them by yourself, since it is
> > a wiki. :)
>
> And since it is based on Mediawiki we can use the Pywikipediabot [1] for
> finding dead links in the articles. I've used it for checking all the
> site and I've pasted the list of pages with dead links in the TODO page
> [2]. If anyone knows where has the information been moved, please edit
> the corresponding page for fixing it.
>
> I intend to pass the bot periodically on Ada Commons so we can maintain
> it clean of dead links.
>
> Regards,
> Manuel
>
> [1]
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Pywikipediabot/weblinkchecker.py
> [2]
> http://commons.ada.cx/TODO

here is a test for your tool from Ada Commons:
http://www.adacore.com/adaanswers/resources/safe_secure/

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-06-20 14:39 ` AdaMagica
From: AdaMagica @ 2012-06-20 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might add:

SI Unit checker (will probably not have any updates in the next future)
http://www.christ-usch-grein.homepage.t-online.de/Ada/SI.html

Reference-counted pointers whose safety cannot be compromized (not task safe however) (will have an Ada 2012 update soon)
http://www.christ-usch-grein.homepage.t-online.de/Ada/Smart_Pointers.html

A lexical scanner for Ada (all Ada versions from 83 to 2012)
http://www.christ-usch-grein.homepage.t-online.de/Ada/Lexer.html

Open Token, token analysis and parsing (including token recognizers for Ada, Java, C, Modula 3)
http://stephe-leake.org/ada/opentoken.html

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-06-21 19:40 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2012-06-21 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Of course, Claw is still supported
(http://www.rrsoftware.com/html/prodinf/claw/claw.htm), but I suppose it
doesn't meet your criteria because the free version (and the web page)
hasn't been updated in years. (There hasn't been any bug reports against the
free version that I know of, so it doesn't matter much.)

Now that Ada 2012 is finished, I'll have more time to get these things
updated; I've almost got the new compiler version finished and then I'll do
that same for Claw.

                                   Randy.

@ 2012-06-22 18:34         ` Manuel Gomez
From: Manuel Gomez @ 2012-06-22 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

El 18/06/12 19:49, Manuel Gomez escribi�:
> El 17/06/12 21:25, Tero Koskinen escribi�:
>> You can add Ada libraries and applications to AdaCommons wiki, for
>> example.
>>
>> The address is http://commons.ada.cx/Main_Page
>>
>> Also, if you find dead links, you can fix them by yourself, since it is
>> a wiki. :)
>
> And since it is based on Mediawiki we can use the Pywikipediabot [1] for
> finding dead links in the articles. I've used it for checking all the
> site and I've pasted the list of pages with dead links in the TODO page
> [2]. If anyone knows where has the information been moved, please edit
> the corresponding page for fixing it.
>
> I intend to pass the bot periodically on Ada Commons so we can maintain
> it clean of dead links.
>
> Regards,
> Manuel
>
> [1]
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Pywikipediabot/weblinkchecker.py
> [2]
> http://commons.ada.cx/TODO

Thanks for those that have contributed to fix some links in Ada Commons.

I have done the same check for the Ada Programming wikibook and the
result is here:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Talk:Ada_Programming
#Broken_external_links_in_the_book

Regards,
Manuel

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-29 21:59       ` Vinzent Hoefler
From: Vinzent Hoefler @ 2012-06-29 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tero Koskinen wrote:

> You can add Ada libraries and applications to AdaCommons wiki, for
> example.
>
> The address is http://commons.ada.cx/Main_Page

Just added a link to AdaSDL. I am currently in negotiation with the author to
update that binding to version 2.0.

Does anyone know what happened to the other SDLAda binding? The link is dead
and I can't seem to find a working one....

Vinzent.

We cause accidents.
     -- Nathaniel Borenstein

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
@ 2012-06-30  1:44         ` anon
From: anon @ 2012-06-30  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graphics binding:  too old but this links still work.

http://www.adapower.com/index.php?Command=Class&ClassID=AdaGUI&Title=Ada+GUI

@ 2012-06-30  6:53           ` Nasser M. Abbasi
From: Nasser M. Abbasi @ 2012-06-30  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/29/2012 8:44 PM, anon@att.net wrote:
> Graphics binding:  too old but this links still work.

I have lots of link to Ada libraries/bindings here

http://12000.org/my_notes/ada/original_web_page.htm

But have not updated it for sometime.

May be the new list being talked about here can check what
I had there and merge any useful ones to it if needed.

--Nasser

* Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-06  7:56 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2012-07-06  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

i3text@gmail.com wrote:

[ I disagree with the usefulness of the criteria, but... ]

> Do you know any I've missed?

Sound recording API.
http://repositories.jacob-sparre.dk/alsa-binding

OpenID client (a fork of Ada Server Faces).
http://repositories.jacob-sparre.dk/openid-client

Greetings,

Jacob
--
Statistics is like a bikini - what it shows is very suggestive,
but the most important stuff is still hidden.