From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: State of memory management in GNAT?
Date: 14 Feb 2001 12:20:38 +0100
Date: 2001-02-14T12:20:38+01:00	[thread overview]

Andrew Berg <andrewb@votehere.net> writes:

> Has anyone implemented such a thing for GNAT?  Would it be possible?

I think you can use the Boehm collector together with GNAT.  There
might be some issues with tasking, but it should work pretty well,
especially if you do not replace the standard C malloc() and use the
collector malloc() only for your own objects (using a suitable storage
pool).

> Is there any interest in such a thing?

The interest in garbage collection among the Ada users seems to be
pretty low in general because otherwise, some of the Ada compiler
vendors would have implemented it. ;-)