From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: Questions about Ada Core Technologies
Date: 07 Apr 2004 17:27:47 +0200
Date: 2004-04-07T17:27:47+02:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> writes:

> - Have ACT really switched their day-to-day development to the FSF?
>   The changelogs suggest so, in which case I can suppose they merge
>   selected changes to GNAT Pro in their private repository?

The main development happens on ACT's infrastructure (after all, they
have a far more extensive test suite (which is partly covered by NDAs
and cannot be published), an automated regression tester based on that
test suite, a separate bug tracking system, their own developer
communication channels &c).

Arnaud Charlet regularly (daily?) merges ACT's changes into the FSF
tree.  But this doesn't mean that this tree is the sole reference for
development.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: postino.it, tiscali.co.uk, tiscali.cz, tiscali.it,