From: Chris Morgan <mihalis@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: gnat docs
Date: 1998/12/16
Date: 1998-12-16T08:48:18-08:00	[thread overview]

Since GNAT 3.11p is "due" out any minute, I went and took a look at my
GNAT documents. It turns out I've been getting by with drafts of the
documents from GNAT 3.07 dated November 1996, so when the 3.11 release
finally hits the net I'd like to get the latest documentation printed
off.

I was just thinking that presumably a lot of other GNAT users will do
the same, and I have a question : could we get a nicely printed and
bound batch of these done (maybe by the FSF?). I'd pay typical FSF
prices for each which I understand produces a modest profit for
them. I like to sit on my couch and read sharply printed text, so
html, info and .txt files aren't sufficient!

The public release of GNAT is now on a similar or slower timescale to
things like Java or Perl which O'Reilly manages to keep tabs on with
commercial titles, but I do realise the GNAT user community is
somewhat smaller, hence my idea that a FSF-type print-run may be
justifiable.

Thanks,

Chris
--