From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: Preliminary announcement: Ada-Belgium Spring 2010 Event
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:49:51 +0200
Date: 2010-04-08T15:49:51+02:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> As with previous events, the barbecue will feature a thorough
> discussion of the Beaujolais Effect, complete with hands-on
> experience.

I would certainly like to come.  (Although flying to Brussels is a bit
costly for a one-day event.)

> Some prospective attendees would be interested in:
>
> - Ada applied to GPUs and in particular to multi GPUs
> - Graphics examples and demos

Definitely interesting topics.

Could we add Ada applied to the Arduino to the list?  What about
programming mobile phones (Maemo, Android, etc.) in Ada?

> However no speaker has yet come forth to actually do these
> presentations, examples or demos.  If no other speakers come forth,
> Ludovic Brenta can host another Ada in Debian workshop.
>
> If you would like to speak at this event, say so!

If anybody are interested in learning a bit about how they can use the
POSIX Ada API, I can put together a presentation and some exercises
based on my undergraduate course in systems programming.

I hope to be able to say something interesting about using Ada to
program an Arduino when we come to June, but I'm not there yet.

> If you would like to listen at this event, say so!

Definitely.

Jacob
--
Adlai Stevenson said it all when, at an event during the
1956 Presidential campaign, a woman shouted, "You have the