From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: Gibberish posts
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:37:50 +0200
Date: 2001-07-31T23:37:50+02:00	[thread overview]

Kilgallen@eisner.decus.org.nospam (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

> Are you saying the Complaints header was forged as well ?

You should use the X-Complaints-To: header only if you know the
posting was injected at a well-maintained server (so the header is
quite pointless), and Hipcrime attacks usually don't involve such
servers, I think.  However, in the past, path exclusions worked quite
well against Hipcrime, and going after the upstream provider or the
peers was sometimes successful, too.

(However, I've seen Hipcrime only in de.*, and it might be somewhat
different in the Big8, who knows.)