* GPS_tour.pdf - "landscape" pages
@ 2002-05-04  1:47 Alexandre E. Kopilovitch
From: Alexandre E. Kopilovitch @ 2002-05-04  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just looked into GPS_tour.pdf from www.gnat.com, and was slightly surprized:
several pages are rotated (like printed in landscape mode) - for example,
page 29 (and there are others). I wonder, is it intentional, or it is an Acrobat
joke, or it is the result of a particular screen parameters/Acrobat View settings
(15" monitor 1024x768; Acrobat 5.0, View = Fit Width, Continuous).

Alexander Kopilovitch                      aek@vib.usr.pu.ru
Saint-Petersburg
Russia

* Re: GPS_tour.pdf - "landscape" pages
@ 2002-05-04  2:47 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2002-05-04  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexandre E. Kopilovitch wrote in message ...
>I just looked into GPS_tour.pdf from www.gnat.com, and was slightly
surprized:
>several pages are rotated (like printed in landscape mode) - for
example,
>page 29 (and there are others). I wonder, is it intentional, or it is
an Acrobat
>joke, or it is the result of a particular screen parameters/Acrobat
View settings
>(15" monitor 1024x768; Acrobat 5.0, View = Fit Width, Continuous).

That's not unusual in documents meant to be printed. If there is a
diagram that doesn't fit in the vertical formatted, it can be rotated to
fit. The ACATS documentation that I inherited has several pages like
that. I agree that it's a pain when reading on a screen.

              Randy.

* Re: GPS_tour.pdf - "landscape" pages
@ 2002-05-04  8:13   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-05-04  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> That's not unusual in documents meant to be printed. If there is a
> diagram that doesn't fit in the vertical formatted, it can be rotated to
> fit. The ACATS documentation that I inherited has several pages like
> that. I agree that it's a pain when reading on a screen.

IIRC, Acrobat Reader can automatically rotate individual pages if the
PDF file has been marked properly.