From: Florian Weimer <Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>
Subject: Re: Data structures
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:46:50 +0200
Date: 2002-07-29T15:46:50+02:00	[thread overview]

Igor Gilitschenski <Gilitschenski@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE> writes:

> I was looking for a tool, which is able to convert C data structures
> (from *.h files) into Ada data structures, but I wasn't successfull yet.
> Do you know where to find one or isn't there such a tool.

There's a tool called c2ada which might do what you want (it can't
most GCC extensions you'll find in typical GNU libc header files,
unfortunately).

Personally, I avoid importing structures from C.  If I have to pass
data structures between C and Ada code, I use special get/set
subprograms (written in C or in Ada, depending on the language used
for the data structure).  In my experience this approach is more
portable and less error-prone, but of course, it introduces a slight
overhead.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/