* crt1.o missing
@ 2003-06-19  8:37 Christoph Schlegel
From: Christoph Schlegel @ 2003-06-19  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I installed gnat from my distribution-cd (Slackware 9)
but cannot compile anything. There are a lot of
warnings and the error from ld: crt1.o missing, no
such file or directory.

Well, I know this isn't really Ada-specific, but I
searched the Google-archives and Slackware-forums
for answers but there's nothing useful. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

* Re: crt1.o missing
@ 2003-06-19  9:00 ` Sergey Koshcheyev
From: Sergey Koshcheyev @ 2003-06-19  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Schlegel wrote:
> I installed gnat from my distribution-cd (Slackware 9)
> but cannot compile anything. There are a lot of
> warnings and the error from ld: crt1.o missing, no
> such file or directory.

I think you'd get the same error if you tried to compile a C program.
I'm not familiar with Slackware, but I think you have to install the
package containing development files for the GNU C Library, it should be
named glibc-devel or glibc-dev or libc-devel, etc.

Sergey.

* Re: crt1.o missing
@ 2003-06-20 19:06   ` Christoph Schlegel
From: Christoph Schlegel @ 2003-06-20 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:00:17 +0200
Sergey Koshcheyev <serko84@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think you'd get the same error if you tried to compile a C program.
> I'm not familiar with Slackware, but I think you have to install the
> package containing development files for the GNU C Library, it should be
> named glibc-devel or glibc-dev or libc-devel, etc.

Thanks, that was it. I never thought glibc could have been
left out of a base install. The whole thing was missing,
as Slackware delivers one big glibc-package.

Regards,
Christoph

* Re: crt1.o missing
@ 2003-06-21 19:36     ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2003-06-21 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Schlegel <modula2@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Thanks, that was it. I never thought glibc could have been
> left out of a base install. The whole thing was missing,
> as Slackware delivers one big glibc-package.

The 'S' is silent, you know.