From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: debian 6 aws.client.post sll trouble
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 13:24:36 +0200
Date: 2013-06-22T13:24:36+02:00	[thread overview]

björn lundin writes:
>> Hmm, I was hoping not to have to do that.
>> I'll try this weekend.
>
> ok, uninstalled the debian pre-packaged,
> and installed from source, editing makefile.conf
>
> Seems to work :-)
> But I am a bit surprised that AWS on Debian is not packaged with ssl
> enabled by default

That's because the OpenSSH license is incompatible with the GPL that AWS
uses, see /usr/share/doc/libaws2.10.2-dev/README.Debian, which I
reproduce here for your convenience:

Ada Web Server for Debian - maintainer's notes

The Ada Web Server library  can use either libopenssl or libgnutls for
strong  cryptography.  This enables  support for  the HTTPS  and other
encrypted  protocols.   Unfortunately  there  are problems  with  both
libraries.

libopenssl  is  licensed under  terms  incompatible  with the  General
Public License,  while libaws is  licensed under the  GPL.  Therefore,
Debian cannot ship binaries of libaws linked with libopenssl.

Linking libaws with libgnutls has  a technical problem which I haven't
been able to correct.  The  symptom is that both ada2wsdl and wsdl2aws
segfault during  elaboration.  The  segmentation fault takes  place in
the call to gcry_control which is at aws-net-ssl__gnutls.adb:1000.

Ted Dennison writes:

> Obviously there could be a million reasons for this. However, I know
> a common cause of this particular symptom in an Ada program is a
> task having too small of a stack for the amount of data being
> declared in it.  There's usually a global default, which can be
> changed for a given task with pragma Storage_Size.

> Most tasks are created and have their stack variables built during
> elaboration. The exception would be task objects (of a defined task
> type) that are dynamically allocated. Even those *could* be created
> during an elaboration, if the coder allocates them inside a
> package's "begin...end" block.

If you would like to help solve this problem, please send email to
aws@lists.adacore.com (I'm on that list, so you don't need to CC me).

--
Ludovic Brenta, 2008-06-01