* Eurofighter DA6 crash
@ 2003-03-28  7:59 Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-03-28  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Last year an Eurofighter crashed in Spain.
Both engines failed. It looks like an sw
problem.

Ada/Spark involved?

Volkert

* Re: Eurofighter DA6 crash
@ 2003-03-28  8:30 ` Peter Amey
From: Peter Amey @ 2003-03-28  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Volkert wrote:
> Last year an Eurofighter crashed in Spain.
> Both engines failed. It looks like an sw
> problem.
>
> Ada/Spark involved?
>
> Volkert

I have no priveleged information about the crash itself but can say that
the engine control software is not written in SPARK.  In any case,
speculation before the investigation is complete is usually a waste of time.

Peter

* Re: Eurofighter DA6 crash
@ 2003-03-29  4:21   ` John Cook
From: John Cook @ 2003-03-29  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:30:22 +0000, Peter Amey
<peter.amey@praxis-cs.co.uk> wrote:

You may wish to look at
http://www.eurofighter.starstreak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=585
for all the information publicly available..

The reason was given there was a conflict between the software and the
engines fitted in the  Development aircraft. (they were  earlier
versions of the  production standard)

Cheers

>Volkert wrote:
>> Last year an Eurofighter crashed in Spain.
>> Both engines failed. It looks like an sw
>> problem.
>>
>> Ada/Spark involved?
>>
>> Volkert
>
>I have no priveleged information about the crash itself but can say that
>the engine control software is not written in SPARK.  In any case,
>speculation before the investigation is complete is usually a waste of time.
>
>Peter

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address       :- Jwcook@ozemail.com.au

Eurofighter Website :- http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk

* Re: Eurofighter DA6 crash
@ 2003-03-29 21:17 ` svaa
From: svaa @ 2003-03-29 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Engine failure.

http://www.eurofighter.com/news/newsitem.asp?NewsItemID=116
http://www.eurofighter.com/news/newsitem.asp?NewsItemID=117

according with Iblnews (in Spanish) :

http://iblnews.com/news/noticia.php3?id=70853

"Hoax about software failure appeared a few minutes after the crash."
"That shows how much people expect software failure. Software failure
is an easy escape goat".