From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT for Macintosh
Date: 2000/02/04
Date: 2000-02-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <20000204073310.24976.00001287@ng-ci1.aol.com>,
  ekoerber@aol.com (EKoerber) wrote:
> Has anyone yet ported GNAT to run on MacOS.  Yes, I know all about the
> Tenon products. However, with Mac OS X Server (available) and Mac OS
> X (soon to be out) both build with a Unix kernel, I don't really need
> yet another flavor of Unix when all I want to do is to write Mac OS
> native applications.

The people you would need to ask about this (if they don't speak up
here) are those listed on this page:
http://www.adapower.com/lab/macos/index.html

The first step in any such port would be a Gcc port to that platform.
Does such a port exist? Porting gcc to Win32 required a project to
emulate a lot of the standard Unix calls and also required ports of a
lot of the gnu tools. My understanding of the Mac situation is that
no-one has bothered to do this since Tenon basicly has already done it.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.