From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>
Subject: Re: Named Pipes
Date: 05 May 2004 23:16:07 +0200
Date: 2004-05-05T23:14:34+02:00	[thread overview]

Mark Lorenzen writes:
> Named pipes is a POSIX invention. You should therefore use the
> ISO/IEC 14519 Ada interface to POSIX-like operating systems. The
> GNAT implementation is called 'florist'.

I don't know who invented them, but I am prety sure OS/2 and Windows
both have named pipes and they do not use anything resembling a POSIX
interface.  For example, on OS/2:

http://www.edm2.com/os2api/Dos/DosConnectNPipe.html

I don't think there is a portable interface to named pipes, is there?

--
Ludovic Brenta.