From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: Internationalization for Ada
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:18:49 +0100
Date: 2009-12-14T16:18:49+01:00	[thread overview]

Christophe Chaumet wrote:

> For my own usage I have a package "intl" which contains all the string
> literals and there is an instance of this package for each language
> [...]

But this means that translation has to be done _before_ compilation.

One of the benefits of using the GNU Gettext system is that translators
can translate and distribute translations independent of the compiled
program.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"It is a syntax error to write FORTRAN while not wearing a blue tie."