* organizing packages
@ 2014-10-03 14:54 Stribor40
From: Stribor40 @ 2014-10-03 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was wondering if there is neater way to organize packages...for example...

file1.ads
file1_body.adb
file1_client.adb

when I compile this "gnatmake file1_client.adb" file I would get bunch of other files.....

now if i wanted to use additional package for example...

file2.ads
file2_body.adb
file2_client.adb

when I compile this "gnatmake file2_client.adb" file I would get additional bunch of other files.....

Now this is going to be one crowded and disorganized folder by my doing. Can someone maybe show me how to organize this better please.

* Re: organizing packages
@ 2014-10-03 14:58 ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-10-03 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-10-03 16:54, Stribor40 wrote:
> Now this is going to be one crowded and disorganized folder by my doing.
>Can someone maybe show me how to organize this better please.

Read about project files (.gpr)

http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/ada/gnat/html/gnat_ugn_12.html

--
Björn

* Re: organizing packages
@ 2014-10-03 18:35 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2014-10-03 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stribor40 <ikamzic@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering if there is neater way to organize packages...

You could always group some packages as a library, but how to do it
depends on your compiler.

In general, the easiest is to collect all the compilation units required
for a project in one directory.  At least three of the Ada compilers I
know of will then be able to figure out what to recompile when
automagically.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
There only exist 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary
numbers and those who don't know binary numbers.