* Vote for Ada at Linux Journal's 2003 Readers' Choice
@ 2003-06-27 15:00 Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-27 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here :

   http://www.linuxjournal.com/rc2003/

you can vote for favourite language in Linux Journal's 2003 Readers'
Choice. You can also vote for several other apps.

Preben
--
Ada95 is good for you.
http://www.crystalcode.com/codemage/MainMenu/Coding/Ada/IntroducingAda.php

* Re: Vote for Ada at Linux Journal's 2003 Readers' Choice
@ 2003-06-27 15:09 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-27 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:
> Here :
>
>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/rc2003/
>
> you can vote for favourite language in Linux Journal's 2003 Readers'
> Choice. You can also vote for several other apps.

Hmm seems to be some problems now with the poll, but try tomorrow.

--

@ 2003-06-27 15:40 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2003-06-27 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <slrnbfomvh.7no.randhol+abuse@kiuk0152.chembio.ntnu.no>, Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> writes:
> Here :
>
>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/rc2003/
>
> you can vote for favourite language in Linux Journal's 2003 Readers'
> Choice. You can also vote for several other apps.

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, sysadmin@ssc.com and inform them of the time the error
occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

* Re: Vote for Ada at Linux Journal's 2003 Readers' Choice
@ 2003-06-27 15:47   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-27 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> In article <slrnbfomvh.7no.randhol+abuse@kiuk0152.chembio.ntnu.no>, Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> writes:
>> Here :
>>
>>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/rc2003/
>>
>> you can vote for favourite language in Linux Journal's 2003 Readers'
>> Choice. You can also vote for several other apps.
>
> Internal Server Error

Yes. I have sent a mail to sysadmin@ssc.com I expect they fix it ASAP.

Try again on Monday.

Preben
--

@ 2003-06-27 16:07     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-27 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:

> Yes. I have sent a mail to sysadmin@ssc.com I expect they fix it ASAP.

   Reply from Linux Journal:

      Oh darn.  Did that thing go up yet?  It wasn't supposed to be visible
      until Monday!

There has been a lot of these prelaunches of web-sites lately[*]. I think
it is time people set upt development web-servers that are only in the
intranet.

[*] I don't remember all, but BBC, CNN and Apple where the major sites.
--

@ 2003-06-27 16:09     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-27 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:

> Yes. I have sent a mail to sysadmin@ssc.com I expect they fix it ASAP.

   Reply from Linux Journal:

      Oh darn.  Did that thing go up yet?  It wasn't supposed to be visible
      until Monday!

There has been a lot of these prelaunches of web-pages lately[*]. I think
it is time people setup development web-servers that are only in the

@ 2003-06-27 19:33       ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2003-06-27 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> writes:

> There has been a lot of these prelaunches of web-pages lately[*]. I think
> it is time people setup development web-servers that are only in the
> intranet.

So missing dependencies break things when you move to the production
machine?  Oh dear.

So far, I've solved the problem by serving files from two different
CVS checkouts, one HEAD, one with the STABLE tag (the production
version).  You can access the latter only if you've got the proper
X.509 client certificate (probably overkill, but we needed the
certificates for other purposes).

It's not the best solution I can imagine, but it helps to get the job
done, and the learning curve for the colleagues isn't too steep.

* Re: Vote for Ada at Linux Journal's 2003 Readers' Choice
@ 2003-06-27 20:53   ` Christopher Browne
From: Christopher Browne @ 2003-06-27 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

The world rejoiced as Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote:
> Preben Randhol wrote:
>> Here :
>>
>>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/rc2003/
>>
>> you can vote for favourite language in Linux Journal's 2003 Readers'
>> Choice. You can also vote for several other apps.
>
> Hmm seems to be some problems now with the poll, but try tomorrow.

Apparently Ada doesn't prevent all classes of bugs, such as "not
reading the specifications carefully enough."

If you read the specs more closely, you will discover that the
"problem" with the poll is that it starts on June 30th.  And it's not
June 30th yet.  Of course, that's not a problem with the _poll_...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'cbbrowne.com';
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/emacs.html

* Re: Vote for Ada at Linux Journal's 2003 Readers' Choice
@ 2003-06-28  9:40     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-28  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Browne wrote:
> Apparently Ada doesn't prevent all classes of bugs, such as "not
> reading the specifications carefully enough."

I'm not "programmed" in Ada. Please take a course in logical reasoning.

> If you read the specs more closely, you will discover that the
> "problem" with the poll is that it starts on June 30th.  And it's not
> June 30th yet.  Of course, that's not a problem with the _poll_...

It says that now. But the point was that the poll was put up on the
web-page and the backend was not working. So yes the poll had a
problem as it was not finished, but prelaunced.

Preben