From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Interrupt Calls
Date: 1997/11/10
Date: 1997-11-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <34651851.DAA7064E@academic.truman.edu> v025@academic.truman.edu writes:

>Would anyone be able to give me an example on how to call an interrupt
>in Ada.  I have tried to sort through the reference manual, and I have
>looked in interrupt packages.  I am intending to call the dos interrupt
>21h, and I am using Gnat 3.10p for NT if that makes a difference.

There would be little point in supporting Interrupts on Win95 or NT,
since there are no interrupts to support...

However, that does not mean your are lost, there are several options,
depending on which int21h calls you wanted to issue:

a) There is a Ada equivalent
b) There is a Win32 equivalent
c) There is a MS-C RTL equivalent
d) use dirty tricks using inline assembly

Otherwise, you can use the GNAT DOS compiler, which will naturally
support calling int21h functions.

Without knowing what functionality you are looking for I cannot give
more details.

--

-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Consultant     | Team Ada