* Re: is there any validated Ada 95 compiler ?
       [not found] <85mhho$nji@netnews.hinet.net>
@ 2000-01-14  0:00 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2000-01-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try www.gnat.com for the free Ada 95 compiler. You get one even from
Aonix (a trial version with some restrictions is available for non
commercial use for free).

@ 2000-01-14  0:00   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-01-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <387F132B.C617F475@icn.siemens.de>,
  Alfred Hilscher <Alfred.Hilscher@icn.siemens.de> wrote:
> Try www.gnat.com for the free Ada 95 compiler. You get one even from
> Aonix (a trial version with some restrictions is available for non
> commercial use for free).
>
> Prime Ho wrote:
> >
> > Hi, can anyone tell me where can I download validated Ada 95
> > compiler that can run in Linux Gnome or Windows 2000 ?

Neither of these compilers are officially validated. However, they are
both essentially similar to validated compilers that are available for a
fee from their associated vendors. But if you *need* that validation for
contractual reasons, you'll have to pay for it.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

@ 2000-01-14  0:00 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2000-01-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Prime Ho" <ho@optimasoft.com.tw> writes:

| Hi, can anyone tell me where can I download validated Ada 95 compiler
| that can run in Linux Gnome or Windows 2000 ?

For Linux go to:

http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html

There you will find what you need. If you have Redhat, Mandrake or
Suse, get the rpms, if you have Debian get the .deb files needed and
installation should be easy.

--
Preben Randhol                   For me, Ada95 puts back
[randhol@pvv.org]                the joy in programming.

* Re: is there any validated Ada 95 compiler ?
@ 2000-01-14  0:00   ` Richard D Riehle
From: Richard D Riehle @ 2000-01-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <387F132B.C617F475@icn.siemens.de>,
	Alfred Hilscher <Alfred.Hilscher@icn.siemens.de> wrote:

>Try www.gnat.com for the free Ada 95 compiler. You get one even from
>Aonix (a trial version with some restrictions is available for non
>commercial use for free).

Apparently Irvine Compiler Corporation (ICC) also has an Ada
compiler targeted to Linux.  I think they are at:

                    www.irvine.com

Someone from ICC is probably reading this and can comment on the
pricing, etc.

Richard Riehle

@ 2000-01-17  0:00     ` Chris Morgan
From: Chris Morgan @ 2000-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:

> Neither of these compilers are officially validated. However, they are
> both essentially similar to validated compilers that are available for a
> fee from their associated vendors. But if you *need* that validation for
> contractual reasons, you'll have to pay for it.

Where essentially similar often means functionally identical.

--
Chris Morgan <cm at mihalis.net>                  http://mihalis.net