From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@rfc1149.net>
Subject: Re: Ada France - stop spamming the newsgroup
Date: 17 Oct 2004 03:04:53 +0200
Date: 2004-10-17T03:04:53+02:00	[thread overview]

>> Larry, please read my message posted earlier today. Also, on the

Larry> I have read that, which arrived at my neighborhood news server
Larry> after the two items I quoted above.

Maybe you should read all the posts before answering them.

>> gateway page[1] you can find my address to reach me directly.

Larry> I am not interested in visiting your gateway page or otherwise
Larry> debugging your flawed spam vector.  I am certainly not
Larry> interested in hiding this problem behind private email.

Well, I guess that if this is the way you work with other people, I
won't be able to change that.

Larry> Your ISP has been shuffling off the blame for months, so the
Larry> only hope is that you and your organization might take an
Larry> attitude of due care toward the rest of the Ada community.

Of course our ISP has been ignoring that, it only provides
connectivity, it doesn't have to interfere with our actions. But... do
you mean you contacted our ISP privately? "hiding this problem behind
private email" ? And you didn't bother to contact us?

Larry> Since you have not done so to date, it would seem the only hope
Larry> is to shame you into responsible internet behavior.

As far as I know, our gateway (our "flawed spammer vector" as you call
it) is the only freely available one, used by more than 50 people who
may not be able to access usenet news otherwise. If it has been abused
by spammers, well, this is life, and we are taking measures right now
to enhance our anti-spam system.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam