From: Michael Bode <m.g.bode@web.de>
Subject: Re: Update on Ada packages in Debian GNU/Linux
Date: 31 Jan 2004 14:32:48 +0100
Date: 2004-01-31T14:32:48+01:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org> writes:

> Hmm. If you are happy with Emacs, and not looking for another IDE, why
> do you need gvd? I use gdb from within Emacs, and never felt I needed
> anything else.

That is one point about Emacs I don't like that much. Or I don't grok
how to use it.

> I have toyed with running gdb under GPS, and it works nicely. One
> feature it has that Emacs doesn't have; hold the mouse cursor over a
> variable name in the source, and a tip window pops up with the current
> value. Cute, but not really worth leaving the One True Editor :).

That's just like gvd :-) Anyway, I can stay with Emacs and learn to
use GUD (after all I almost never use a debugger), I can keep my old
version around, I can use GPS or I can try to port gvd to GtkAda
2.2. I can learn something about Gtkada from the latter, even if it
doesn't work out. No lossage.

--
PGP Key: http://home.t-online.de/home/michael_bode/downloads/michael_bode.key