From: agate!bionet!uwm.edu!spool.mu.edu!mips!wrdis01!jshumate@ucbvax.Berkeley.E DU  ( Shumate Jason)
Subject: Re: Is there a comp.lang.english to which I can post this?
Date: 16 Jul 91 13:12:37 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <EACHUS.91Jul15172146@largo.mitre.org>, eachus@largo.mitre.org (Robe
rt I. Eachus) writes:
    --- stuff deleted ---

>    THIS IS SHEER ERRANT PENDANTRY UP WITH WHICH I SHALL NOT PUT!!!!
I hesitate to correct an English "authority", but it looks like "PENDANTRY"
is not a word.  I assume you meant "PEDANTRY".  If so, maybe there is a
comp.lang.english.spelling you can subscribe to.
> You put words in my mouth to try and be pedantic.
The only person I see being pedantic is you, Robert.
> Bad form.
I agree - your original posting was in bad form.
> A person
> is correct and was intended, Dikstra was talking about predicting the
> success of a student--singular.
How interesting.  We have here a textbook example of a run-on sentence.  You
might consider looking for comp.lang.english.punctutation too.
> but we are talking about someine being considered for studenthood, so
I see another misspelling here - the word "someine".  Again, I suggest
you look for comp.lang.english.spelling.
I have found the various discussions in this group to be very enlightening.
However, I can certainly live without postings from jerks like Eachus who
merely waste space on the net.
--
CUL8R,                                | Unknown Actor:"Sounds like a lot of
Jason Shumate                         |   supernatural baloney to me."