From: Jason Dossett <jtdossett@sep.com>
Subject: Re: Activada
Date: 1997/10/25
Date: 1997-10-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <877734229.23099.0.nnrp-05.c2deabb1@news.demon.co.uk>,
  outscouse@hotmail.com wrote:

> Is ActiveADA like Visual Basic?

When you say that, I assume you mean is the look-and-feel of ActivAda
like Visual Basic, to which I would say no.  The L-A-F of ActivAda is
more like an older Borland C++ for windows maybe.  I dunno.  For the look
and feel of VB ( via MSDEV ), you'd want ObjectAda.  From the OA FAQ, it
seems it has intentionally been made to look like MSDEV so that the
learning curve would be reduced for programmers already familiar with
that interface.

> If so Where can i get a copy, I'm V interested.

From the talks I had with Aonix sales reps, Aonix is pushing ObjectAda
and pretty much leaving ActivAda in the dust, which means it can be
picked up for a pretty reasonable price, if you are looking to purchase
for personal use.

Call 1-800-97AONIX.