From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Compiling FSF GNAT standalone?
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:43:45 +0200
Date: 2012-07-29T15:43:45+02:00	[thread overview]

Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> writes:
> I am so confused! If the bloody DOD had of commissioned a free Ada
> compiler back at the start, the mandate would have had teeth and the
> programming world might not have been so centred around C.
>
> I am finding the licensing situation around Ada a total pain the the
> ASIS!

In case you haven't aready, read the Debian Policy for Ada; it explains
"all there is to know about Debian and Ada" including these licensing
issues.  By the way, ASIS is pure GPL only and has always been.  The
reason is also explained in that document.

http://people.debian.org/~lbrenta/debian-ada-policy.html

(I've just published the Sixth Edition mentioning the release of GNAT
GPL 2012.)

--
Ludovic Brenta.