From: Bob Duff <bobduff@theworld.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT bug in the GNAT GPL 2014 compiler?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:16:49 -0400
Date: 2015-03-25T10:16:49-04:00	[thread overview]

Egil H H <ehh.public@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 9:41:01 AM UTC+1, Georg Bauhaus wrote:
>> but I'd suspect same naming overload.
>
> Exactly.
>
> "package Amock.Main_Application" implicitly "use" Amock.

Amock is directly visible within Amock.Main_Application, but there is
not implicit "use".  The visibility is as if Main_Application were
physically nested in Amock.  So Amok.Ada hides Standard.Ada.
If it were "use" visibility, then they would both be hidden
(which would be an improvement to the language).

My spell checker wants it to be "Amok".

> So when there is a child package called "Amock.Ada"
> (implicilty included by "with Amock.Ada.Fields;" and
> "with Amock.Ada.Types;")any references to "Ada" in the
> code will be resolved to this child package.
>
> Either "Amock.Ada" should be renamed, or the ambiguity
> should be resolved by prefixing with Standard, as
> suggested.

Right.

- Bob