From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Arduino (AVR-Ada) plugin for GPS or Emacs?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:18:39 +0200
Date: 2012-07-04T11:18:39+02:00	[thread overview]

I spent a part of yesterday morning teaching the basics of Arduino
programming.

As a kind soul already had installed the Arduino IDE on the relevant
machines, I took the fast and lazy route, and just made sure the basic
concepts of programming for and installing software on microcontrollors
caught on.

In reality I would have liked to be able to download an Ada compiler and
an Ada-friendly IDE with mouse access to selecting board type and
programmer port for Arduinos, so I quickly could have given my students
access to a "proper" language for programming embedded devices.

Is there a plugin for GPS (or a mode for Emacs) which does this?

As lazy as I can be, I would like to be able to write "sudo apt-get
install arduino-ada" on a Debian system or click on a single download
link on those other operating systems.

Greetings,

Jacob (who is a "vi" guy himself)
--
Beware of people with Gnus, they may Hurd you.