From: Richard D Riehle <laoXhai@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Seek advice - "Ada for Smart People"
Date: 2000/01/31
Date: 2000-01-31T17:50:52+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <20000129150740.12476.00000187@nso-fg.aol.com>,
	bscrawford@aol.com (BSCrawford) wrote:

>Well, I have drafted a small volume called "Ada Essentials:
>Overview, Examples and Glossary" and now I am hoping to find a
>publisher.  This is new territory for me, and I seek any advice
>you teamers care to give, as to specific publishers I might
>contact or how to go about this process in general.

Bard and I seem to be moving in the same direction.  I have a
little booklet I use as a supplement in my Ada classes, including a
glossary, I call "Ada Distilled."   I wonder how many others are
developing this kind of thing.

Bard's work is a bit more comprehensive than mine, I think. "Ada
Distilled" is targeted at programmers.  It is mostly a collection
of example programs with line-by-line comments, not a complete
coverage of the language.

There is a need for more of these little booklets to aid people in
their study of Ada.  I am considering making "Ada Distilled" available
on David Botton's site when I feel it is stable enough.

Richard Riehle
richard@adaworks.com