* NT/Ada 95 Port
@ 1997-09-12  0:00 Yuxin zhao
From: Yuxin zhao @ 1997-09-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Our company is planning to port some Ada code from UNIX to NT.  The Ada
code
is used to build a couple of background executables (without GUI
interfaces).
However they use quite a bit of IPC, socket IO, file IO and multicast.

Can anybody out there shed some light on what is the best way to carry
this
out?  We have investigated the porting tool NuTCRACKER.  But as our code
does
not use GUI interface at all and also code ported via NuTCRACKER needs
run
time licenses,  we would like to search some other solutions if
possible.

Any suggestions, hints to porting tools or good or bad experiences are
greatly
appreciated.

Please send an email directly to my address if you are replying to my
question
in case I miss your reply message.

My email address : zhao@ccis.adisys.com.au

thank you very much for your time,

Yuxin Zhao

* Re: NT/Ada 95 Port
@ 1997-09-13  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1997-09-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3418AA20.51FE@ccis.adisys.com.au> zhao@ccis.adisys.com.au writes:

>Our company is planning to port some Ada code from UNIX to NT.  The Ada
>code
>is used to build a couple of background executables (without GUI
>interfaces).
>However they use quite a bit of IPC, socket IO, file IO and multicast.

The first decision would be to use either a very unix like enviroment
like GNAT or go for a native NT solution (ie: use a Win32 binding).

--

-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Consultant     | Team Ada