* Graphics packages with ADA9X
@ 1997-09-11  0:00 Paul Van Gorp
From: Paul Van Gorp @ 1997-09-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good (simple) graphics packages
for use with ADA95, and/or where I can download them from.

When I say simple, I mean simply drawing box's, lines, clearscreen,
filling etc.

Preferably for DOS but unix stuff would be great too (similar to libsx
for C maybe ?)

Thanks in advance...

Paul

.... while on the topic, is there a good website somewhere that lists a
lot of available libraries for ADA95 ?

* Re: Graphics packages with ADA9X
@ 1997-09-12  0:00 ` Tristan Ludowyk
From: Tristan Ludowyk @ 1997-09-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

:
: When I say simple, I mean simply drawing box's, lines, clearscreen,
: filling etc.

have a look at:

www.pi.net/~dijklibo

There's a vga package as well as a VESA svga package available for download, along with some other nifty ada stuff.

: Preferably for DOS but unix stuff would be great too (similar to libsx
: for C maybe ?)

You need some sort of binding to ada - a lot harder than the Dos stuff  :)

: Thanks in advance...

You're welcome :)

Tristan
--
   _/_/                Tristan Ludowyk              ____TTTc____/|   \_\_\_\_
  _/_/_/    RMIT Comp.Sys.Eng/Comp.Sci - 1st year    (_u|||_o_)       \_\_\_

* Re: Graphics packages with ADA9X
@ 1997-09-13  0:00   ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1997-09-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>: Preferably for DOS but unix stuff would be great too (similar to libsx
>: for C maybe ?)
>
>You need some sort of binding to ada - a lot harder than the Dos stuff  :)

The question simply hasn't been raised yet, but a graphics package for
Unix might not be as difficult as you imagine.

One way to go would be to use an existing motif or openview interface. On
Linux you could use the standard svga package.

(Same goes for OS/2 btw, emx already has a nice graphics library and
doing a binding to it is really quite easy)

--

-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Consultant     | Team Ada

* Re: Graphics packages with ADA9X
       [not found] <34202971.3657@gsg.eds.com>
@ 1997-09-20  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1997-09-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <34202971.3657@gsg.eds.com> nospam@gsg.eds.com writes:

>Jerry van Dijk wrote:
>>
>> (Same goes for OS/2 btw, emx already has a nice graphics library and
>> doing a binding to it is really quite easy)
>
>OS/2 has an OpenGL; depending on what he's doing, that might be a better
>choice of package. I suspect that OpenGL is available on Linux as well
>(I know that X-Window and Motiff are.)

Actually even Win95 supports OpenGL. But this is a *lot* of overhead
for a basic package like AdaGraph.