From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Ada 95 Low_Level_IO package
Date: 1997/09/13
Date: 1997-09-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3418273B.167EB0E7@swl.msd.ray.com> jcj@swl.msd.ray.com writes:

>A programmer came to me asking where the Ada 95 Low_Level_IO package
>was. Immagine my surprise when I couldn't find it! Gee... I *knew* it
>was in Ada 83! Now, where did it go? Anybody have any idea

There never has been a 'Low_Level_IO' package in Ada83, this is probably
some vendor specific library. Ask this vendor for its Ada95 compiler
version, providing you are still using a compiler from the same vendor.
If not, well, this is what happens when you depend on vendor specific
packages.

>By the Way, the programmer wants to read/write data to a PC port.

How that could be archieved depents on the compiler and operating
system you are using.

--

-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Consultant     | Team Ada