From: Jean-Marc Bourguet <bourguet@my-deja.com>
Subject: Extended revelation
Date: 2000/01/31
Date: 2000-01-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I've a package which export to his users some usefull types and
routines. In his private part, I've some more declarations
which are exported to his child packages.

My problem is that in one of the child package, I'd like to make
public one of the private type (T). I had though that

	type T1 is private;
    private
	subtype T1 is T;

but that's not valid. As renanimg does not apply to types I can't see
an easy way to do it. Currently I'm using

	type T1 is private;
    private
	type T1 is new T;

I've also considered exporting T from the parent package, but neither
solution please me.

-- Jean-Marc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.