From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: Problems with Ada.Real_Time on GNAT?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:57:45 +0200
Date: 2002-05-17T06:57:46+00:00	[thread overview]

"David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> writes:

>> You are hitting the 2 MB stack size limit.  You should allocate the
>> large array using an allocator.
>
> With all due respect, I submit that the problem is _not_ the stack
> limit, but,

Well, the program does run if you follow my advice.

> rather the fact that to use the real-time annex, one must compile
> and link with the FSU threads run-time, instead of the Linux-native
> threads run-time.

Why do you think this is necessary?  It's certainly unneeded if you
want to use just the timing facilities from Ada.Real_Time.

(It's true that the FSU threads run-time library implements more
requirements of the real-time annex at the moment, but you'll never
reach full conformance on top of ordinary Linux anyway.)