From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@rfc1149.net>
Subject: Re: Is All_Calls_Remote permitted in non DSA code?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:06:10 +0200
Date: 2003-09-02T09:06:10+02:00	[thread overview]

Adrian> I have found that GNAT 3.15p generates code that won't run
Adrian> properly when calling subprograms in a unit marked "pragma
Adrian> All_Calls_Remote;"

Adrian> gnatmake builds the program fine, and then a Program_Error is
Adrian> raised at runtime at the point of call.  I hadn't anticipated
Adrian> this.

"pragma All_Calls_Remote" forces all calls to subprograms in the
designated units to go through the PCS (Partition Communication
Subsystem). Therefore, you have to use "gnatdist" to build your
application (which is part of GLADE) instead of "gnatmake".

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam