From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: libgtkada2.14.2 on Ubuntu 10.04
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:08:17 +0200
Date: 2010-09-24T08:08:17+02:00	[thread overview]

"John B. Matthews" writes:
>> Is it impractical for you to use GNAT project files?  The Debian
>> compiler is patched so that
>>
>> with "gtkada";
>> project Example is
>>    for Main use ("example");
>> end Example;
>>
>> will work out of the box; see the file
>> /usr/share/ada/adainclude/gtkada.gpr.
>
> Excellent! It works well; thanks. Am I correct that 'with "gtkada"'
> refers to /usr/share/ada/adainclude/gtkada.gpr itself?

Yes, correct.  When I said the compiler was patched, it was so that it
looked in that directory, by default, for project files.

The big advantage of Debian is that it requires that each library
provide such a project file; thus it is trivial to use all libraries
that you need in the same program: simply add more with clauses to your
project.

--
Ludovic Brenta.