* RE: Re: Help me to solve this problem!
@ 1987-09-01  0:46 blackje%sungod.tcpip
From: blackje%sungod.tcpip @ 1987-09-01  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 87 19:45:10 EDT
From: emmett black <blackje@sungod>
Posted-Date: Mon, 31 Aug 87 19:45:10 EDT
To: info-ada@ada20.isi.edu
Subject: RE: Re: Help me to solve this problem!

From: STRICKLER%SCOVCB.decnet@csbvax.steinmetz

I have not had the time to review the problem in detail, however,
I will throw out a comment which may shed some light on the problem.

Input/output operations on VAX Ada files take place sequentially
(see Programmer's Runtime Reference Manual section 2.7). Thus, if
two tasks request I/O to the same file, the second task will wait
until all previous I/O on that file is completed.

Although I do not know for sure, VAX Ada probably treats the terminal
as a "file" and, if it does, a write can not take place while a read
is pending.

----- End Forwarded Message -----

only message in thread, other threads:[~1987-09-01  0:46 UTC | newest]