From: GXP2F@UOTTAWA.BITNET (george)
Subject: Re: Ada tutorial textbook recommendations solicited
Date: Tue, 4-Aug-87 17:38:27 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Tue Aug  4 17:38:27 1987

Chris Carter: I find J. Barnes' book "Programming in Ada" to be an
excellent book for starters. If you're interested in parallel programming
look for "Parallel Programming in ANSI Standard Ada", G.W. Cherry (a
very good book with interesting examples).
  As for PD software, I signed up to an Ada Software Repository at
SIMTEL20.ARPA only a couple days ago. I'm thrilled with what I see so
far, I haven't had time to get stuff from them. Some of the software
they have is AI s/w, dev tools, debuggers, editors, educational stuff,
graphic kernel stuff, math, etc etc --- the list is quite long. Send
mail to RCONN (rick conn) at simtel20.arpa and ask to join the Ada
Software Repository. In the meantime, if you find any more of these
repositories, let me know (I'm looking for more). Also, I've heard of
a PD Ada compiler which the DoD funded but I don't know where to find
it, if its available yet.
... George Popadich, student