From: Cothrell@DOCKMASTER.ARPA
Subject: new project
Date: Mon, 3-Aug-87 16:46:00 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Mon Aug  3 16:46:00 1987

I am a member of a project team that is considering using Ada as the
design language/implementation language.  Our biggest problem is
estimating the time, manpower, efficiency, etc...  issues.  We would
like to receive comments concerning metrics that can be applied to an
Ada project for determining such things as mentioned above plus any
other guages that may be useful.  We have already implemented the
system(sort of) in C, but the entire effort was basically just to prove
the concept quickly, not something one would like to have credited to
his name.  the size came out to about 33,000 lines of code, with 6 to 9
programmers, and took about 15 months.  Not good statistics.  Anyway,
any help would be appreciated.  Scott Cothrell DOCKMASTER.ARPA