From: MFELDMAN@GWUVM.BITNET (mike feldman)
Subject: Re: Anyone have info on pulse?
Date: Thu, 8-Jan-87 09:17:00 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Thu Jan  8 09:17:00 1987

A hint on the Wand/Wellings etc. book  is that Wand and Wellings are in
the UK. Wellings' Ph.D. dissertation is cited in Burns' book _Concurrent
Programming in Ada_ (Cambridge U. Press 1985 - Ada Companion Series).
Burns is at Bradford U. (U.K.); I think Wellings was his student, don't
remember where he went, but I'm pretty sure it's still in England.

The Burns book is an _excellent_ balanced monograph on the Ada tasking
model, including a whole lot of hints for avoiding tasking pitfalls.
It's similar to the Gehani book, but with a lot more interesting
examples.