* Lightweight HTTP client library
@ 2016-05-24  7:12 Mart van de Wege
From: Mart van de Wege @ 2016-05-24  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

For a minor project I would need an HTTP client library. I could use the
client part of AWS, but that would mean including the whole of AWS,
which feels a bit like overkill to me.

Is there a lighter weight HTTP client for Ada?

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

* Re: Lightweight HTTP client library
@ 2016-05-24 10:41 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2016-05-24 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24/05/2016 09:12, Mart van de Wege wrote:

> For a minor project I would need an HTTP client library. I could use the
> client part of AWS, but that would mean including the whole of AWS,
> which feels a bit like overkill to me.
>
> Is there a lighter weight HTTP client for Ada?

Simple Components have a HTTP client implementation capable to share
single Ada task with other clients and other TCP/IP protocols.

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#16.12

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Lightweight HTTP client library
@ 2016-05-24 11:02   ` Mart van de Wege
From: Mart van de Wege @ 2016-05-24 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 24/05/2016 09:12, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>
>> For a minor project I would need an HTTP client library. I could use the
>> client part of AWS, but that would mean including the whole of AWS,
>> which feels a bit like overkill to me.
>>
>> Is there a lighter weight HTTP client for Ada?
>
> Simple Components have a HTTP client implementation capable to share
> single Ada task with other clients and other TCP/IP protocols.
>
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#16.12

Thanks; that looks just like what I need.

Regards,

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.