From: dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu (David Starner)
Subject: Re: gnat and linux/alpha
Date: 2000/01/29
Date: 2000-01-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:48:59 GMT, Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
>Nick wrote:
>
>> Hi, I can't seem to find a gnat compiler for linux/alpha.
>> I have gnat source code but it requires a preexisting ada compiler
>> to compile.
>
>Check out http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html

Ada for Linux only has ix86 versions. Debian only builds GNAT for
i386, PowerPC and Sparc, and I seem to recall a discussion in the
bug tracking system about Alpha. You might want to find Samuel Tardieu
(Debian maintainer for GNAT; address on at the above link) and ask him
why Debian doesn't build for Alpha, but it looks like you're going to
have to crosscompile it from another platform and you may have to
fix the GNAT runtime in the process.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;