From: Mats Karlssohn <sm5tfx@telia.com>
Subject: OT: Incremental statistics functions
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:59:44 GMT
Date: 2004-01-26T22:59:44+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi

I'm trying to find algorithms to calculate standard-deviation and variance
_without_ keeping a buffer of the samples. I'm not really shure if I'm right
to call them incremental algorithms but I couldn't find a better expression.
Basically I don't want to keep a (limited) buffer of samples but would like
to add the values one at a time when they are calculated.

Probably I googled bad, since I didn't find anything I could understand.

Any suggestions please?

--
Mats Karlssohn (SM5TFX), sm5tfx@telia.com
"Without mistakes there is no forgiving, without forgiving there is no love"