* Re: AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )
@ 2000-01-23  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2000-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Or at least source code that supports the above?

There are full sources of AFLEX and AYACC
in the Pascal-to-Ada translator. URLs:

Direct: http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/logiciel/newp2ada.zip
Page:   http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

NB: - which version I don't know !
    - to build them (they are in separate directories) you'll have to
      glue them together (copy *.ad? xxx) then let GNAT find the
      long names (gnatchop xxx). Then: "gnatmake -w aflex", "gnatmake -w ayacc"
      and it's done. The names are "kunched" to 8 letters (by gnatchop for DOS).

HTH G.

From: Gautier @ 2000-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>     - to build them (they are in separate directories) you'll have to
>       glue them together (copy *.ad? xxx) then let GNAT find the
             ^^^^

sorry for possible confusion: "glue the sources in each directory"

G.

* AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )
@ 2000-01-23  0:00 Michael Garrett
From: Michael Garrett @ 2000-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know if there are binaries available for AFLEX and AYACC
suitable for gnat 3.12p running on NT??
Or at least source code that supports the above?

I can only find older source from the PAL ( Walnut Creek CD April 1998 ) but
am not quite motivated enough to compile them........

Is the parser used in gnat available as a separate unit?? ( excuse the
unfamiliararity with the correct terms!!)

Thank you in advance!!
--
Michael C. Garrett
Vice President Research and Development

* Re: AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )
@ 2000-01-23  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2000-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Garrett a �crit dans le message
<86fi8d$go9$1@ssauraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>...

>Does anyone know if there are binaries available for AFLEX and AYACC
>suitable for gnat 3.12p running on NT??
>Or at least source code that supports the above?

You'll find source distribution on my homepage in the Ada section.

Direct link:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.

--| http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry
--|

* Re: AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )
@ 2000-01-24  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-01-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <86fi8d$go9$1@ssauraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,
  "Michael Garrett" <michaelgarrett@csi.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are binaries available for AFLEX and AYACC
> suitable for gnat 3.12p running on NT??
> Or at least source code that supports the above?
>
> Is the parser used in gnat available as a separate unit?? ( excuse the
> unfamiliararity with the correct terms!!)

Another possiblity to consider is OpenToken
( http://www.telepath.com/~dennison/Ted/OpenToken/OpenToken.html ). I
know it compiles with gnat 3.12p on NT, becuse that is the system I use
to build it. :-)

If you have a canned lex specification you want to use, aflex would
probably be better. But if you would have to write a lex specification
to use lex, OpenToken would be much easier to use. Also if you want to
analyze Ada source (as the last statement implies), OpenToken comes with
an Ada lexer.

It currently has no support for parsing, but that should be rectified by
the end of the week. Release 2.0 will have facilities for parsing, and
an lalr(1) parser.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/